My thoughts on all things geek…anime, comics, conventions, etc. Just remember stay geeky my friends!
Greetings! Railgunfan75 here with a new quick announcement concerning the blog. As summer approaches and the bulk of American tv shows including many of my favorites undergo their summer hibernation, there is that inevitable void of good content to watch. However, there is a huge number of anime series to explore in the meantime. Because of this, I have a devised a challenge for the summer. For this challenge, my goal is to complete 20 anime series from start to finish before the fall television series starts. I have set some stipulations for this challenge.
1) I must not have completed the series previously
2) Series which are being simulcast or a currently running do not count as one can easily finish those just by watching one episode each or week or those series won’t end by the time the challenge needs to be completed.
3) The series must be of a reasonable length so series which have hundreds of episodes will not be included *Those might be impossible anyway)
4) If I have started by not completed a series- I must start the series from the beginning
These rules will hopefully make challenge a possibility to complete and also not make the challenge too easy. In addition, I have compiled a list of the series which shall be included in the challenge.
1) Tokyo Ravens 24 episodes
2) Death Note 37 episodes
3)Space Dandy 26 episodes
4) Trigun 26 episodes
5) Beyond the Boundary 12 episodes
6) Unbreakable Machine Doll 12 episodes
7) Gurren Laggan 27 episodes
8) Girls Und Panzer 12 episodes
9) Parasyte the maxim 24 episodes
10) Bakemonogatari 12 episodes
11) Terror is Resonance 11 episodes
12) Baccano! 16 episodes
13) Golden time 24 episodes
14) Serial Experiments Lain 13 episodes
15) Initial D season 1 26 episodes
16) Samurai Champloo 26 episodes
17) R.O.D. 26 episodes
18) Hyperdimension Neptunia 12 episodes
19) Spice and Wolf 26 episodes
20) The Rolling Girls 12 episodes
So what has this to do with the blog? My intent is to provide weekly updates of my progress and to give some brief thoughts of a series after I finish them. I will begin these series the week of 5/11/15 as the first of my fall shows will be coming to an end that week. Also the series will not be watched in any particular order and may be watched in conjunction with other series including ones I plan on simulcasting. My normal content will continue for the blog as well. I am looking forward to this challenge and it my hope that I can keep you reading and maybe inspire you to challenge yourself as well. So until next time, this is Railgunfan75 signing off!