Greetings! Railgunfan75 here. I thought that I would something a bit different this time. I enjoy watching and reading top series/movie lists. There are many great ways to share your favorite series such as Top 25’s, favorite series from a particular year, etc. I also enjoy the various challenges that circulate around the blog sphere and thought it would be fun to start my own challenge for everyone. I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite series in an A-Z list and am curious what your favorites are. I will admit I took inspiration for this from some Youtube videos but thought with some tweaks it could work great for the blog sphere. Of course we have to have some guidelines for this type of thing so I have those listed below. I hope that a bunch of people take part and spread this around.
So without any further delay, here are the rules!
- Pick a favorite series/movie for each letter of the alphabet. For titles starting with “a” “an” or “the” use the first letter of the next word of the title.
- Since many titles have multiple names based on the language that you are using please pick one language for the entire list (Use all English titles or all Japanese titles) and let the readers know which language you will be using. If a title has the same name regardless of the language then it can be used in any list.
- If you don’t have a title that fits under a particular letter, you can name another favorite from a different letter in it’s place, just indicate which letter spot you are using for that series. This can be done up to three times. If you can’t fill a spot then you can leave it blank. No more than 26 total series are allowed.
- Including a picture for each series is encouraged.
- Share who tagged you for this challenge and nominate 3 more to try it themselves and include links to their blogs.
- Just have fun with this challenge. I wanted to get everyone to share some favorite series and to spread the word about awesome blogs!
Since I am the first link in the chain for this challenge, I’ll tag myself as the one who asked me to do this. As for my nominations, I’ll pick:
I look forward to seeing what you have you have for everyone in terms of your favorites. Also, if you haven’t please check out their blogs (links in the names) as they have great anime content.
And now comes the moment of truth, My Anime A-Z list! This will be a list with English title names. Enjoy!
(A) Amagi Brilliant Park
(B) Blend S
(C) A Certain Scientific Railgun
(I) Isekai Quartet
(J) Joker Game
(L) Log Horizon
(M) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
(N) The Night is Short, Walk On Girl!
(O) One Punch Man
(Q) (Sub #1) Full Metal Panic!
(T) Tokyo Godfathers
(U) (Sub #2) Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai
(V) Vinland Saga
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
(X) (Sub #3) K-ON!
(Y) Your Name
(Z) Zombieland Saga
And there you have my list. This was actually quite challenging narrowing down my picks to one/two per letter in many cases. It seems like a simple challenge but it is quite hard for many of the spots. There were so many great entries that just missed the cut such as Cowboy Bebop, New Game, Spice and Wolf, A Silent Voice and many others. For most of the letters I could easily do a second list. This is a fun little challenge and I hope that people decide to take part.
Hope you all enjoyed this post. I’m open to any respectful comments or criticisms of my list so if you have an opinion about the series that I featured, I would love to hear from you! I do have more stuff coming soon. The promised waifu tier list is coming, I just decided to do this first under a burst of inspiration. I also have some write ups for series in the works including the most recent season of Railgun, and A Certain Scientific Accelerator. So until next time, this is railgunfan75 signing off. Remember to stay safe, stay respectful, and stay geeky my friends! See you soon!
First, thanks for the tag!
Second, dang it! You took a lot of the best ones! Well, I guess that makes it a challenge, doesn’t it?
And at least you didn’t include 0-9 (shudder)!.
I’ll see what I can come up with…
Feel free to include whatever series/film you want even if it is a repeat of someone else’s pick. I thought it would just be fun to compare notes with everyone on what they enjoyed.
I immediately ruled out starting with numbers as the letters by themselves was hard enough. I had to leave so many great series/films off my list. If one could be technical about it, one could include series that start with numbers as if you spell out the number, it fits somewhere on the alphabet. I should have addressed that in the rules. I hope you have fun with this challenge and can’t wait to see your picks!
Okay — my response is posted! I hope you like it!